Did I Really Spend $25,000 on This? One client in online marketing queries - Digital Skills

Since its inception in 2022, the free, extensive online training program known as "Digital Skills" has provided more than 1.7 million training sessions. The world's kids are receiving crucial training in the use of technology in the workplace thanks to digital skills.

Thursday, July 28, 2022

Did I Really Spend $25,000 on This? One client in online marketing queries

Once during a call, a client said the following to us:

Is this really a $25k waste of money.

My heart sunk, and.

I didn't even aware they had paid us that much, to start with. I didn't take part in the first sales call. I merely handled the execution after the event as the "tech person."



In addition, this was a family-run veterinarian in a Northeastern US suburb, not a huge corporation that could handle $25k like it was nothing.

Already, the way this client was being handled irritated me a little. They must have been promised the entire world throughout the conversation, in my opinion. And offered anything and everything:

  • Comprehensive marketing plan
  • Fresh website
  • Facebook ads
  • Graphics
  • Emails
  • Content
  • SEO
  • Automation...

There were undoubtedly more. It came as a complete package.

Which is fine, except that I was the one who had to deliver and none of those things applied to me. I considered myself to be "techy," and I could put up a WordPress site, but I was by no means a web designer.

I lacked the writing ability and free time to produce quality material.

Moreover, SEO If you recall, this was immediately following Penguin and Panda, and the methods we had previously employed were no longer effective.

Email? I'm not sure if that actually occurred. I can't recall.

I do recall that I detested hearing him say that.

since he was accurate.

And that entire "bundle" shouldn't have ever been marketed to him.

It's not my responsibility to sell them as much as possible to make my company money, according to my mindset when it comes to assisting businesses with their marketing.

My responsibility is to ensure that their investment in me is profitable.

I know. What a fresh idea.

And I believe that experience had a significant impact on how I currently manage my own firm. Perhaps occasionally to my own cost, but hey, I need to sleep at night.

Since then, I've made it a point to concentrate solely on issues that truly matter and offer clients a return on their investment.

I don't try to sell fads or brand-new, sparkly things.

Just tried-and-true principles that I have repeatedly seen to be effective.

In the realm of marketing, there is a lot of garbage. 'FOMO' (Fear of Missing Out) and shiny things are everywhere. Additionally, a lot of it might be really alluring.

However, not everything actually works.

Most of it doesn't, in actuality.

And, to be quite honest, not all of it is actually brand-new. Simply said, it has a new name and is presented differently.

Finding a new approach to address a problem with a campaign shouldn't be your initial reaction.

Going back to the basics and making sure you've covered everything should be your initial reaction.












No comments:

Post a Comment